Position Open for Transportation Planner
Posted on: April 5, 2022 in Jobs & Internships
**This job posting is closed.**
We’re hiring! MetroPlan Orlando is seeking a Transportation Planner to assist in transportation activities and on special projects as identified in the Unified Planning Work Program. Duties also include promoting public awareness of the current state of transportation issues and informing elected officials and the public on the status of projects in progress.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation and periodic updating of Metropolitan Transportation Plan
- Assists in the preparation and periodic updating of Prioritized Project List
- Assist in the annual development of system wide mobility performance management program
- Assist Manager of Transportation Planning on project delivery and completion of tasks
- Monitor and report socio-demographic growth and patterns
- Establish and maintain land use and socio-economic database
- Promote improved land use planning methods that are better integrated with transportation planning and public health activities
- Research, interpret, analyze and conceptualize information and data
- Serve on appropriate project advisory committees
- Respond to citizen inquiries; represent organization at various events, functions or meetings
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive working relationships with governmental agencies, transportation operating agencies, and the business community
- Assist with major transportation planning studies
- Provide staff support to the Technical Advisory Committee and various subcommittees
Ideal candidates will have 2 to 5 years of transportation planning experience with some experience in Metropolitan Planning Organization work products including GIS, travel demand modeling, and data analysis.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801.
This position will be open until filled however, first round of applications must be received by May 6, 2022.
For more information about the position, see the Jobs page on this website.